Bolivian Thoughts in an Emerging World struggles with current events in Bolivia, they are mostly political and economical inefficiencies which makes our lives harder than usual. However, from time to time I can provide good news and this page will be updated with the links of my posts which show brave Bolivian people and entrepreneurial activities who, despite all our harsh endeavors, give us the light and energy to continue.
This page has three categories: PEOPLE; ENTREPRENEURIAL; HISTORY and HERITAGE. There is no better way to display/identify this page but with this beautiful coin, from OUR REPUBLIC. Please click on the names, places you want to see, thank you.
- FIRST AIR COMBAT IN AMERICA -PRIMER COMBATE AÉREO EN AMÉRICA: Chaco hero, Cap. Rafael Pabón
- David Ninavia Mamani: Wins gold in 5 and 10 thousand meters | Gana oro en 5 y 10 mil metros
- Moscoso: WORLD RACQUETBALL WORLD CUP – CAMPEONATO MUNDIAL DE RAQUETBOL
- Héctor Garibay: El taxista más veloz de toda Bolivia | The fastest taxi driver in all of Bolivia
- Jorge Banegas Franco: Ranger from Bolivia among global award winners | Guardabosque de Bolivia entre ganadores de premios mundiales
- Bolivian Liliana Colanzi wins the Ribera del Duero Short Story Award – La boliviana Liliana Colanzi gana el premio Ribera del Duero de cuentos
- Equipo boliviano triunfa en concurso internacional de biología sintética – Bolivian team triumphs in international synthetic biology contest
- Primera aviadora – Amalia Villa de la Tapia – First female aviator
- Simplificando la agricultura – Ramiro Mamani – Simplifying agriculture
- Resolvió un problema matemático de números primos – Beimar Wilfredo López Subia – Solved a prime number math problem
- Micaela Meneses – GOLD – Angélica Barrios
- Bolivia’s Daniela Cajías Becomes First Female Cinematographer to Win Goya Award
- Rosmery Mamani, painter
- Abel Bellido Córdoba: deserves respect! – merece respeto!
- 10 Bolivian Women Who Changed the Course of History
- Ximena Galarza: 2020 International Women of Courage Award Recipient
- Bernardo Guarachi: ‘I’m proud, I’ve fulfilled with Bolivia’ – Bernardo Guarachi: ‘Estoy orgulloso, he cumplido con Bolivia’
- The Charango Museum, one of the best works of Ernesto Cavour
- Rodrigo Urquiola wins the José Nogales International Short Story Award
- I am Potosino, between a hymn and the Libertarian Efforts – Humberto Iporre Salinas
- Bolivia reaffirms its lead in racquetball, we bathed in gold!
- Karen Tórrez wins gold for Bolivia!
- Sacred Heart High School in the city of San Juan de Yapacaní is 2017 Zayed Future Energy Prize winner!
- Iso Yucra won the ultramarathon in Phoenix: in 72 hours w 400.4 km!
- Omar Rocha y Sol Aguilar: Bolivian Couple Lead the Way in Conserving, Caring for Rare Flamingos
- Esteban Quispe Churata: UCB awards a scholarship to the creator of the Bolivian Wall-E robot
- Bolivia won the South American race walking competition in Ecuador: Angela Castro, Wendy Cornejo, Pablo Rodriguez
- Get to know Susana Benavides, the best female golfer ever (from Bolivia)
- Abdel Padilla and Jose Mendoza earn international award, we must stop feminicide!
- Our Luzmila Carpio among the 10 best Latin Albums of 2015!
- Jaime Escalante among those honored with 2016 USA stamps
- Oscar Avila Cusicanqui created the Hybrid Electric Reluctance Motor!
- Bolivian Jenny Quisbert wins international competition!
- UNESCO/ Juan Bosch Prize for the Promotion of Social Sciences Research in LAC: Manuel Olivera Andrade
- A 3D printer takes shape in Public University of El Alto by the mind and will of Roberto Mayta
- Diego Moscoso Balanza: A young Bolivian leader at the summit on food security
- Mauricio Hochschild, the Bolivian “Schindler
- Bernardino Bilbao Rioja, unsung hero
- Stefany Coronado bathes Bolivia with gold at the Panamerican Games in Canada!
- Bolivian watercolorist creates drawing paper: Jesus Florido
- Bolivia Music 101: Aviónica Picks 13 of Bolivia’s Best And Brightest
- A Santa Cruz woman [cruceña] shines with her sweet voice next to the Pope: Luz Ericka Limachi Mejia
- Bolivian wine among the 200 best in the world: Campos de Solana
- Inexhaustible strength of Esteban Quelale
- The Bolivian “dancer” Lorena Ayala, which was enshrined in the birthplace of the flamenco
- Bolivian Rosa Julieta Montaño Salvatierra is honored by the USA
- Virginia Blanco Tardío: Lay of the twentieth century could be the first Blessed of Bolivia
- Bolivia in the age of technology and innovation: Erica Mamani & Esmeralda Quispe
- Marco Antonio Quinta wins award in Chile for an innovative machine
- Gian-Carla Tisera: The Bolivian who conquered New York with a Tinku opera
- Willy Claure, Bolivian artist in love with our cueca!
- Mariela Gonzales: “They said that entering the Teatro Colón was difficult, but I did”
- Bolivian Aracely Melgar achieved gold medal at the South American competition
- Gonzalo Lema won the novel prize Kipus with a family history
- Pianist Misael Mejia Rondo, rescues tunes on a harpsichord, an instrument of 1700
- Had to pass 30 years to watch, listen Jaime Laredo, welcome back home!
- Bolivian Franz Freudenthal improved occluder devices for congenital disease
- 28 unpublished scores by composer Eduardo Caba were recovered
- Great Bolivian professional, Justo Zapata: Bolivia loses money when exporting minerals!
- Bolivian artist wins award in Canada: Marco Antonio Guzman
- Bolivian piece is among the best in the world requiems: Pablo Mendieta
- Rosario Arce shares her Bolivian beats with Canada
- Bolivian dentist, Johhny Perez‘ ingenuity helps children with Down syndrome!
- Claudia Tolay is Rosalia’s angel!
- Julieta Bolivar helps homeless people in Chicago
- Bolivian Kathrin Barboza, defender of bats that impacts science
- Over 170 million people watched this young Bolivian: Franco Miranda!!!
- Bolivian athletes WON four gold medals!!
- Bolivian won gold medal in astronomy: Fernando Justiniano
- Bolivian Mauricio Rodriguez wins El Pais newspaper competition
- One of our own became a world leader! Sor Rossana Gonzalez Weise
- A Bolivian program on the internet changed the face of Physics! Kudos to Humberto Portocarrero
- Daniel Marquez Rios: Bolivian wins prestigious award for marketing in the U.S. industry
- Alberto Medina, the Andean Picasso, a life devoted to art
- Antonio Javier Chavez (12) wins National Story Contest
- Juan Mendoza: A Bolivian hero and the egocentrism of current Bolivian central government
- Bolivia wins medals in the Special Olympics: Carmen Rosa Garcia, Delicia Figueroa, Edson Choque, Gerson Salas
- A crucian is leader of a military school in the USA – Fernando Aguilera
- The Latino American Who’s Who Recognizes Eduardo Felix Medrano-Salas
- The life of a notable Bolivian in Europe: Jaime Ortiz-Patino – Golf
- Two medals for Bolivians Jose Huallpa and Miguel Martinez in the WorldSkills Americas
- Emma Violand, the Bolivian face of the Obama Government
- Jose Andres Montano Baina, seven-years old, plays jazz like a pro!!!
- Bolivian Gabriela Flores (Kirah Design) wins a Cartier award!!!
- Eddy Navia, first Bolivian nominee to a Grammy!!!
- Someone to be proud: Wilmer Urrelo, a Bolivian writer
- A Bolivian within the best 20 photographers in the region! Wara Vargas
- Iván Guzmán de Rojas, the genius of the translation
- Noemi Meneses, from La Paz and a Municipality Council woman in Japan
- Successful Bolivian conquers London: Maria Rios
- Bolivian pride: Jennifer Salinas, boxing!
- Franklin Aduviri wins a marathon in Ecuador; Carla Velasquez, third
- Alejandra Gutierrez Vilar and Isabella Bustamante Galvez designed projects for Mars and visit NASA
- Erika Cuellar wins a prize for her work in the protection of the guanaco [UPDATED 5/18/13]
- Michael Sayman – Apple apps successful creator, teenager
- Gusindo software creators – Stefanie De Chazal and Jackelin Roca
- Ten successful entrepreneurial stories
- Hugo Pinedo – Chaco War and World War II hero
- Bernardo Siles – painter
- Ana Maria Vera – pianist
- Park Rangers – environment
- Juan Carlos Aduviri – actor
- Octavia – Bienvenido song
- National School of Theater
- Maria Otero – public policy
- Marcelo Claure – entrepreneur – Brightstar
- Minor Vidal – Aerocon’s survivor
- Bolivian Workers – remittances from abroad
- Titicaca Lake – Diving World Record
- Marcos Puña – guitarist
- Rolando Carlos Narvaez – Nayanquiwa, Laja
- Enrique Garcia – CAF
- Fernanda Alcocer, Vanessa Acosta, Rodrigo Bellott, Charlene Eckels, Stephen Leon
- Carmen Buitrago: The only certified Bolivian sommelier and a singani for export
- Daniella Garcia, Sergio Mejia and Daniel Ponce winning technology international award
- High Aspirations: Freddy Mamani and his cholets
- Faboce will make ceramic with gold for famous brand Lamborghini
- The Bolivian cocoa, among the 14 best in the world
- Young entrepreneurs reveal their secrets to success
- Gustu, Kamila Seidler, Jardin de Asia, Jaime Barbas, and Nudos Pop-up: Bolivian cuisine on top of South America’s best restaurants!
- The Bolivian Llama Party: Bolivian food conquer New York
- UNABANA: Banana producers are working on new markets in border cities with Brazil
- Guabirá won the triple seal of social responsibility
- Bolivian export fabrics that triumph over disability: Illa Magic
- La Espina, clothing linking Bolivian roots and international fashion
- Bolivian jewelry: 700 young goldsmiths launch Gala, their own brand of jewelry
- Bolivian Paola Zapana, a pioneer in the export of alpaca clothes for dogs
- Eco fabric painting toys developed by Bolivian Fabiola Nunez
- Cocoa: Mario Guari Cartagena, Asociacion de Productores Agroforestales de la Region Amazonica de Bolivia (APARAB); best 3 out of 15 in the world!
- Among TIME’s 13 gods of food, Bolivian Sergio Nuñez de Arco is No.3!!
- Rosita Hurtado among the most influential women in the USA!
- From now on, it will be safer: Taxi Seguro Bolivia
- A good start to engage internet to sell our ag produce – CIOEC Bolivia
- Bolivian pioneers in the manufacture of ecological wood – MADEC
- Bolivian young man created Android applications for the visually impaired – Victor Hugo Sanjinez
- Bolivian creates software for 3D games: Brahian Franco – Darkwar
- Bolivian health website – medicoensudomicilio
- Bolivian inventor: Yuri Valeriano and sliding doors for minibuses
- Bolivian inventor: Mario Rodas’ bread production – Taller Guarani
- Bolivian software reports on earthquakes in real time – Alertame
- Tarija boutique winery preserves the spirit of wine – Bodega Magnus
- The Bolivianita jewel’s beginnings… TKS to the Gott brothers!
- Ana Chipana, Wara Quinoa + royal quinoa = breakfast for NASA!
- Tarija is producing top quality ham!! – Jamones Ulloa
- Peanuts’ origin is the Chaco region, Abdon Reynales, Monteagudo, Chuquisaca exports big time!!
- Bolivia product for export: Julio Torrico – Sarai Custom Drums (Billy Castillo group)
- Daza Software – electronic currency exchange market
- Joyeria Andrea – fine jewelry from Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- Anatina Toys – Bolivian made toys
- Textilon – Industry
- Royal Silver – silver and gold coins
- CBN – 125 year old successful brewery
- Bolivian Cuisine – Goitia House (Danish chef Claus Meyer)
- Bolivian Wines – high altitude and quality wines
- Organic Cocoa
- Bolivian Jewelry – Expojoya
- Alpaca Fashion
- Hearts of Palm
- Agriculture – Santa Cruz
- Jalasoft – software
- Bolivian Private Sector
- Hotels – Santa Cruz
- Bolivian Entrepreneurs – World Confederation of Business awards
- Crocohides – crocodile leather
- El Poncho – hotel near Tunari, Cochabamba
- Red Tayka – four hotels to enjoy the Uyuni salt plains; red/green lakes and volcanoes
HISTORY and HERITAGE
- Christ of the Vera Cruz is Patron saint of Potosí | Cristo de la Vera Cruz es patrono de Potosi
- Bolivian cuisine 101: Picante de pollo; Saice; Pique macho
- They open funerary museum in the “street of pneumonia” | Abren museo funerario en la “calle de la pulmonía”
- Bolivia’s identity in nine hats
- Tourism 101: Lonely Planet’s Bolivia: South America’s diverse and intriguing jewel
- Bolivian Islands may be cause of action, you hear?… Chile?!
- A catalog registers 15,345 plant species in Bolivia: among the top 12 countries in the world with greater wealth of plants
- Bolivian Christmas carol tradition
- Santa Cruz has 150 archaeological sites
- Found: A circular pyramid in Bolivia’s Amazon
- Totora, Bolivia’s architectural gem
- Historic novel: Sangre de Mestizos [Mestizos Blood], the country that was written in the Chaco
- Heritage 101: At least 10 of Bolivia’s cultural heritage sites are at risk
- Heritage 101: Unesco declares as World Heritage the Inca Trail
- Bolivian folcklore 101: Collita performed by Wara was composed by Fernando Roman Saavedra
- Bolivia’s San Calixto Observatory for the last 100 years!
- Bolivian folklore 101: Caporales dance, how it was created! – Jorge and Carlos Estrada Pacheco
- Sampaya stopped at the time of the Inca
- Sound Archives preserve the musical history of Bolivia
- Ecology 101: Bolivia’s incredible biodiversity – Madidi
- Tambo Quirquincho, Bolivian architectonic treasure
- In Potosi: Cayara Hotel, 400 years of history
- From Bolivia with Love: HAPPY EASTER
- World’s Deadliest Road – La Paz – Yungas road
- International Festival of Renaissance and Baroque Music, American Missions of Chiquitos
- Bolivian Father’s Day – Courtesy of Cultureness’s Blog
- Calamarca Angels – Catholic Temple, paintings
- San Calixto Chappel – architecture, paintings
- Wise King’s Day – Christmas
- Christmas – picana
- Museums – La Paz
- Chiquitos – Santa Cruz
- Uturuncu – rapid growing volcano
- Curahuara de Carangas, Oruro – Catholic Temple, mural
- Environment – ecoregions
4 Comments Add yours
Please look up Jaime Laredo, Walter Ponce, Javier Calderon, Jaime Ecalante, Tahuichi Academy.
Certainly, thank you! What I usually do is to review Bolivian newspapers and then translate the article, and the link to the original in Spanish, then publish. :)