Carlos Valdez reports for The Washington Post:
A campaign poster featuring President Evo Morales giving a thumbs up reads in Spanish “Evo and the people. Secure future” on the outskirts of La Paz, Bolivia, Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019. Morales coasted to victory in previous elections, becoming the longest-serving leader of a nation long notorious for instability. But polls point to a close race in the Oct. 20 vote, where he will seek a fourth term. (Juan Karita/AP)
Bolivian Thoughts opinion: The above article barely touches the essence of who evo really is, allow me to remind you:
- Upon becoming president he said, that during his government there will be no dead Bolivians due to politics, or he would resign … well, at least 60 Bolivians died out of the turmoil that he generated when he changed the Constitution, when he allowed groups that supported him to clash among each other, even one of his deputy ministers died at the hands of the mob for mismanagement of the crisis.
- Narcotrafficking has bloomed and people are killed violently on the streets of Bolivia as a result of settling old scores.
- Over $160 billion dollars were wasted in useless non-competitive state-owned-enterprises. Corruption has taken over in ALL State institutions.
- No major foreign investment was captured and road blockades, anarchy are the promises of his mob if he is not to win elections.
- Over 600 Bolivians had to flee the country as a result of political persecution.
- Informal sector takes over formal, legal economy as a result of demagogue of his government.
- He is misogynist, his stupid “sense of humor” has relentlessly insulted women. Before he went to jail for failing his responsibilities with his children.
- He said he was going to obey the Referendum results, and Bolivia said NO more evo. He said he was not going to run again, and this is the fourth time his egocentrism takes over, a man of no word, a man of no respect.