Innovadores de America, present Franz Freudenthal Tichauer and I welcome him to The Hall of Bolivian Fame: Occluder devices for congenital heart disease The innovation consists of different devices, occluders to treat various types of congenital heart disease that were developed by him, Dr. Freudenthal. Before the 60s, the only way to treat severe congenital heart disease was an “invasive” way or “surgical”. However, thereafter, were developing new treatment techniques through occluding devices capable of entering through cardiac catheterization, which moved very quickly to integrate a fundamental part of the Pediatric and Adult Interventional Cardiology. Congenital heart disease is the leading cause of infant mortality in developed countries and a major in developing countries. The 1.5% of all newborns per year worldwide suffer these alterations. That equates to 2,000,000 people born with congenital heart disease each year. In towns situated about 3,000 meters above sea level, the incidence increases to 2 percent. Dr. Freudenthal has focused his career and his life to creating innovative solutions to treat congenital heart disease and save millions of lives. Therefore, in 2003, founded Kardiozentrum, a center for diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart disease, the company also created PFM SRL Bolivia, dedicated to designing and manufacturing low-cost devices occluders accessible to low-income families. These are versatile and safe release devices during intervention in patients, allowing doctors, to deploy and reposition as often as necessary to its perfect position. They’re made of nitinol (nickel titanium alloy) which gives them the property to maintain adequate memory, greater flexibility in the timing of the intervention and after the device is implanted, gives greater rigidity, aside of achieving greater biocompatibility. In the manufacturing process, they are woven in one piece of nitinol, so they do not need soldering, and other differences which have caused serious complications that have broken portions thereof from operation and subsequent deterioration. Besides having lower levels of corrosion for having no welds. http://premio.innovadoresdeamerica.org/icms/es/2013/favorito_del_publico/7458/franz-freudenthal-tichauer.do
- Henry Oporto: “...: que líderes políticos u organizaciones ciudadanas se dirijan al secretario general, Luis... fb.me/7Q8EQZD8z 16 hours ago
- Renzo Abruzzese: “..., sólo pone en evidencia el grado en que las instituciones, los discursos del poder y el... fb.me/1NhyxF7gD 16 hours ago
- Agencias reports via Pagina Siete: After robbery, senator questions continuity of BU manager The opposition... fb.me/6J8sxYRrH 23 hours ago
- After Banco Union’s robbery, senator questions continuity of its manager bolivianthoughts.com/2017/10/17/aft… https://t.co/9pG7VcWMge 23 hours ago
- No creo, lo que pasa es que algunos opas por su paso por el gobierno mienten y tergiversan!... fb.me/7OYztaB8M 1 day ago
- Humberto Vacaflor: "... “la mayor estafa del siglo XX”. Una “revolución” que, como todas ellas, terminó siendo un... fb.me/Szo67MJC 1 day ago
- El Diario reports; Tiwanaku Ceramics go to Japan A dozen ceramic archaeological objects from the Tiwanaku culture... fb.me/zsdopAdx 1 day ago
- Tiwanaku, older and more important civilization than the Incas, makes it way to Japan bolivianthoughts.com/2017/10/16/tiw… https://t.co/zYcxsVveHP 1 day ago
- Debe haber mucho tráfico aéreo en Santa Cruz ... hay un helicóptero policial vuelteando con sirena a todo dar ...... fb.me/9chRukzj0 2 days ago
- After Banco Union’s robbery, senator questions continuity of its manager
- Tiwanaku, older and more important civilization than the Incas, makes it way to Japan
- … and the World acknowledges the irrational and illegitimate continuism of evo
- NetBits, a Bolivian startup, wins competition and goes to Switzerland
- Bolivians Protest en Masse against Evo Morales’s Illegal Attempts to Remain in Power
- Bolivian democracy in peril, evo needs to finish his term and leave!
- And this is why I love the USA, its wonderful people that no matter what, help Bolivians!
Thanks for your opinion!
Bolivian Thoughts on Bolivian democracy in peril, e… Graham on Bolivian democracy in peril, e… Bolivian Thoughts on From Bolivia with love: HAPPY… Susan Phillips on From Bolivia with love: HAPPY… Bolivian Thoughts on Bolivia’s Leftist Government M…