Innovadores de America, present Franz Freudenthal Tichauer and I welcome him to The Hall of Bolivian Fame: Occluder devices for congenital heart disease The innovation consists of different devices, occluders to treat various types of congenital heart disease that were developed by him, Dr. Freudenthal. Before the 60s, the only way to treat severe congenital heart disease was an “invasive” way or “surgical”. However, thereafter, were developing new treatment techniques through occluding devices capable of entering through cardiac catheterization, which moved very quickly to integrate a fundamental part of the Pediatric and Adult Interventional Cardiology. Congenital heart disease is the leading cause of infant mortality in developed countries and a major in developing countries. The 1.5% of all newborns per year worldwide suffer these alterations. That equates to 2,000,000 people born with congenital heart disease each year. In towns situated about 3,000 meters above sea level, the incidence increases to 2 percent. Dr. Freudenthal has focused his career and his life to creating innovative solutions to treat congenital heart disease and save millions of lives. Therefore, in 2003, founded Kardiozentrum, a center for diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart disease, the company also created PFM SRL Bolivia, dedicated to designing and manufacturing low-cost devices occluders accessible to low-income families. These are versatile and safe release devices during intervention in patients, allowing doctors, to deploy and reposition as often as necessary to its perfect position. They’re made of nitinol (nickel titanium alloy) which gives them the property to maintain adequate memory, greater flexibility in the timing of the intervention and after the device is implanted, gives greater rigidity, aside of achieving greater biocompatibility. In the manufacturing process, they are woven in one piece of nitinol, so they do not need soldering, and other differences which have caused serious complications that have broken portions thereof from operation and subsequent deterioration. Besides having lower levels of corrosion for having no welds. http://premio.innovadoresdeamerica.org/icms/es/2013/favorito_del_publico/7458/franz-freudenthal-tichauer.do
- Dear Aretha Franklin is now singing in heaven ... from Bolivia our deep respect, may she Rest In Peace… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- "economías informales" .+. perdonazos .+. demagogia populista ... la perfecta trifecta para convertirnos en Somalia… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- Editorial El Deber: “... es recomendable que el Gobierno del MAS no tome a la ligera este asunto ni que vea los fon… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Franz Barrios: ¡nosotros exigimos procesar a Evo Morales por haber “nacionalizado” fictamente lo que debía expropia… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Juan Antonio Morales: “Es dudoso que la Agenda 2025 sea idónea. Tal como está formulada, no es sino un catálogo de… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Juan José Toro: “... que la Medalla Presidencial vuelva a la Casa de Moneda, allá donde fue acuñada, para que, con… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Aunque en otras palabras... uno más que le dice NO a evo‼️ paginasiete.bo/nacional/2018/… paginasiete.bo/nacional/2018/… 8 hours ago
- Pagina Siete reports: Activists: Evo has 525 days left in the mandate The Minister of the Presidency, Alfredo Rada,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- evo’s days of his illegitimate power are reaching their end! bolivianthoughts.com/2018/08/16/evo… 15 hours ago
- evo’s days of his illegitimate power are reaching their end!
- Sexual harassment and violence on female journalists! evo fails AGAIN!
- Empowered Bolivian housewives win an American Award!
- Bolivian wines: delicious surprises!
- Is the Bolivian National Institute of Statistics reporting accurately? An audit is needed!
- “Lessons learned and challenges for private investment and the development of the industry”
- Fighting for Democracy: A Lesson From Bolivia
Thanks for your opinion!
Bolivian Thoughts on Products made in Bolivia Boliviana on Products made in Bolivia Bolivian Thoughts on Bolivia is not Venezuela – eve… Danny Wright on Bolivia is not Venezuela – eve… Bolivian Thoughts on Bolivia is not Venezuela – eve…