Innovadores de America, present Franz Freudenthal Tichauer and I welcome him to The Hall of Bolivian Fame: Occluder devices for congenital heart disease The innovation consists of different devices, occluders to treat various types of congenital heart disease that were developed by him, Dr. Freudenthal. Before the 60s, the only way to treat severe congenital heart disease was an “invasive” way or “surgical”. However, thereafter, were developing new treatment techniques through occluding devices capable of entering through cardiac catheterization, which moved very quickly to integrate a fundamental part of the Pediatric and Adult Interventional Cardiology. Congenital heart disease is the leading cause of infant mortality in developed countries and a major in developing countries. The 1.5% of all newborns per year worldwide suffer these alterations. That equates to 2,000,000 people born with congenital heart disease each year. In towns situated about 3,000 meters above sea level, the incidence increases to 2 percent. Dr. Freudenthal has focused his career and his life to creating innovative solutions to treat congenital heart disease and save millions of lives. Therefore, in 2003, founded Kardiozentrum, a center for diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart disease, the company also created PFM SRL Bolivia, dedicated to designing and manufacturing low-cost devices occluders accessible to low-income families. These are versatile and safe release devices during intervention in patients, allowing doctors, to deploy and reposition as often as necessary to its perfect position. They’re made of nitinol (nickel titanium alloy) which gives them the property to maintain adequate memory, greater flexibility in the timing of the intervention and after the device is implanted, gives greater rigidity, aside of achieving greater biocompatibility. In the manufacturing process, they are woven in one piece of nitinol, so they do not need soldering, and other differences which have caused serious complications that have broken portions thereof from operation and subsequent deterioration. Besides having lower levels of corrosion for having no welds. http://premio.innovadoresdeamerica.org/icms/es/2013/favorito_del_publico/7458/franz-freudenthal-tichauer.do
- Vamos Bolivia‼️ fb.me/QCiDV0a4 8 hours ago
- Javier Torres: “Los teóricos que defienden el poder simbólico de los indígenas en los ministerios,... fb.me/9c9CbEaJJ 11 hours ago
- Javier Torres: “Los teóricos que defienden el poder simbólico de los indígenas en los ministerios,... fb.me/9nHhSt10S 11 hours ago
- Victor Hugo Cardenas: "Bolivia vive un momento de protesta nacional unida por tres banderas: la abrogación del... fb.me/1N8zWSVIv 11 hours ago
- Manfredo Kempff: "... el MAS no tiene muchos líderes de quienes echar mano. Los muy íntimos de S.E. están... fb.me/Fdq27WfF 12 hours ago
- Vamos Bolivia‼️ Defendamos nuestras libertades democráticas‼️... fb.me/1NuTJIvrL 12 hours ago
- Situation report by Stratfor: Bolivia: Civic Committees Call For President To End Re-election Campaign Members... fb.me/1ui6UPTWR 20 hours ago
- Bolivia: Civic Committees Call For President To End Re-election Campaign bolivianthoughts.com/2018/01/20/bol… 20 hours ago
- Fides: "La convocatoria realizada la tarde del jueves por un grupo de dirigentes sindicales al congreso de la... fb.me/84OLKwz1j 1 day ago
- Bolivia: Civic Committees Call For President To End Re-election Campaign
- evo’s bad government and blooming narcotrafficking ends in Sexual Exploitation of Girls in Bolivia
- Bolivian artist, Mamani Mamani painted cross to receive the Pope in Chile
- Two years ago, Evo said he would go “quiet” had the No won … well, he is just a LIAR!
- Bolivia continues to exert pressure on demagogue central government!
- Bolivian economy continues to be supported by traditional exports, while current government failed to build worthy alliances
- It’s okay to know they like our folklore, but please do NOT SAY is yours!
Thanks for your opinion!
Bolivian Thoughts on #dakar 2018 go home, do NOT CO… Lily on #dakar 2018 go home, do NOT CO… Bolivian Thoughts on Reactivation of marches agains… Andreas Moser on Reactivation of marches agains… Unique and surprisin… on Bolivian Christmas Picana…