Innovadores de America, present Franz Freudenthal Tichauer and I welcome him to The Hall of Bolivian Fame: Occluder devices for congenital heart disease The innovation consists of different devices, occluders to treat various types of congenital heart disease that were developed by him, Dr. Freudenthal. Before the 60s, the only way to treat severe congenital heart disease was an “invasive” way or “surgical”. However, thereafter, were developing new treatment techniques through occluding devices capable of entering through cardiac catheterization, which moved very quickly to integrate a fundamental part of the Pediatric and Adult Interventional Cardiology. Congenital heart disease is the leading cause of infant mortality in developed countries and a major in developing countries. The 1.5% of all newborns per year worldwide suffer these alterations. That equates to 2,000,000 people born with congenital heart disease each year. In towns situated about 3,000 meters above sea level, the incidence increases to 2 percent. Dr. Freudenthal has focused his career and his life to creating innovative solutions to treat congenital heart disease and save millions of lives. Therefore, in 2003, founded Kardiozentrum, a center for diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart disease, the company also created PFM SRL Bolivia, dedicated to designing and manufacturing low-cost devices occluders accessible to low-income families. These are versatile and safe release devices during intervention in patients, allowing doctors, to deploy and reposition as often as necessary to its perfect position. They’re made of nitinol (nickel titanium alloy) which gives them the property to maintain adequate memory, greater flexibility in the timing of the intervention and after the device is implanted, gives greater rigidity, aside of achieving greater biocompatibility. In the manufacturing process, they are woven in one piece of nitinol, so they do not need soldering, and other differences which have caused serious complications that have broken portions thereof from operation and subsequent deterioration. Besides having lower levels of corrosion for having no welds. http://premio.innovadoresdeamerica.org/icms/es/2013/favorito_del_publico/7458/franz-freudenthal-tichauer.do
- Road to Yungas: driver fell into the ravine in the middle of a fight for not giving way – Camino a Yungas: chofer c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- https://t.co/vdcj8CiSoA 1 day ago
- Crime investigation – Investigación de delitos bolivianthoughts.com/2021/06/11/cri… 1 day ago
- Oclocracia de lujo‼️ paginasiete.bo/nacional/2021/… 1 day ago
- https://t.co/dJuGPm3gsn 2 days ago
- "La crisis económica, causada por la pandemia, golpea duramente a la generación más hiperconectada de la humanidad,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Let’s legalize smuggling! – ¡Legalicemos el contrabando! bolivianthoughts.com/2021/06/10/let… 2 days ago
- https://t.co/gKFmfHYlg6 3 days ago
- Amid Bolivia’s Covid surge, long queues for vaccines in short supply bolivianthoughts.com/2021/06/09/ami… 3 days ago
- Road to Yungas: driver fell into the ravine in the middle of a fight for not giving way – Camino a Yungas: chofer cayó al barranco en medio de pelea por no ceder el paso
- Crime investigation – Investigación de delitos
- Let’s legalize smuggling! – ¡Legalicemos el contrabando!
- Amid Bolivia’s Covid surge, long queues for vaccines in short supply
- Is this the Bolivia that we want, that we are?! – ¡¿Es esta la Bolivia que queremos, que somos?!
- Gas per dripper – Gas por gotero
- Government … wake up! – Gobierno … ¡despierte!
- Irresponsible and negligent masismo – Masismo irresponsable y negligente
- Iván Lima: muddies Bolivian justice – enloda la justicia boliviana
- Central Bolivia desperate for medical oxygen amid third Covid wave
Thanks for your opinion!
Bolivian Thoughts on New law in Bolivia to regulate… Laura gardenhire on New law in Bolivia to regulate… sujeto on Bolivian folklore 101: Caporal… Danny Wright on Evo Morales: Overwhelming evid… Bolivian Thoughts on New law in Bolivia to regulate…